Kevin Costner's 'Horizon 2' pulled from August release in theaters

Current Events

Current Events » Kevin Costner's 'Horizon 2' pulled from August release in theaters
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/kevin-costner-horizon-2-removed-from-theatrical-calendar-1235937513/
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
I had no idea this existed. Now, having learned if its existence, I have no intentions of pursuing it.
(He/Him)
I write Naruto Fanfiction. But I am definitely not a furry.
Yeah it was big talk in the cinephile community I'm part in and most of us called it that they were going to do this. The only way for something as ambitious as their release schedule to work is if the movie gets really really good word of mouth because it's a 10/10 movie. Looks like it's just a very average movie though.
DI MOLTO!
i like westerns, but the poor reviews turned me off
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
Looks like critics hated it but audiences loved it. Probably be a big on demand hit
Dp45
Noname13 posted...
Looks like critics hated it but audiences loved it. Probably be a big on demand hit
That's not even true. B- cinemascore
Currently playing - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
I mean, I would say a B for movies is pretty good. And a 71 on RT. It's pretty hard to make a "good" movie imo. Whether that be an audience or critic score. Especially these days
Dp45
Costner really thought people wanted to see his boring ass western movie just because they liked his show. Lol nope
Yeah, I'm not seeing a fucking 3 hour western when in its proximity I also have Quiet Place Day 1, Kinds of Kindness, Longlegs, Kill, MaXXXine, and Fly Me to the Moon, to name a few examples, I'm not made of money. Also, and while this could not have been predicted, I'm probably not going to do things involving me leaving my house when the weather outside is 90+ degrees.
PS5s have liquid metal tech like the T-1000- AceCombatX
Game devs don't deserve money- Zithers, in a topic he made on a game site about artists deserving money.
dancing_cactuar posted...
Yeah, I'm not seeing a fucking 3 hour western

http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
Hey now, the runtime isn't inherently the issue as The Good The Bad and The Ugly is a nearly 3 hour western that's kino, the problem is runtime AND releasing it alongside a big glut of movies, and also unrelated to movies, dropping the day after the steam summer sale that people who play games are probably going to care more about. Not surprised people didn't show up.
PS5s have liquid metal tech like the T-1000- AceCombatX
Game devs don't deserve money- Zithers, in a topic he made on a game site about artists deserving money.
As much as I liked Open Range, I'm kind of tired of Kevin Costner being the cornerstone of the modern day western genre.
Are all 4 of these things finished filming? How much did they all cost to make?
Westerns are my favorite genre and generally speaking I like most Kevin Costner movies and truly I was looking forward to seeing this *eventually*. Ignoring the fact Im a home theatre junkie that can have a superior experience at home, especially audio wise, compared to the theatre my main issue is I have no interest in watching a movie at theatres split into parts.

Ill wait for a home release and watch it all at once. Dances with Wolves is an amazing Costner western that is a few minutes shy of 4 hours long and I love it and watched it repeatedly. Id have been pissed if it was split into two parts and separated showings at the theatre and it would undoubtedly kill interest.

I mean I know people on here dont really know me but when I say westerns are my favorite genre Im a massive western fan. Grew up watching so many shows from the 50s and 60s that I still watch to this day. Have all the classic western movies in my collection and made a post just last month about some 4K versions I picked up on my favorite westerns I was excited about. I absolutely love westerns but the split release kills any enthusiasm for me until all parts are available on blu-ray.

I suspect for many average movie goers the split release is a big drawback. I mean when you show a mini series on tv you show it in a 3 or 4 night span. Not months apart.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
Kinda sad that this dude got divorced over this movie
http://i.imgur.com/x04tPRZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/t7T392I.jpg
Wow, just looked further into it.

Super ambitious to plan 4 movies in a genre that doesn't exactly dominate the box office these days.
(He/Him)
I write Naruto Fanfiction. But I am definitely not a furry.
dancing_cactuar posted...
Hey now, the runtime isn't inherently the issue as The Good The Bad and The Ugly is a nearly 3 hour western that's kino, the problem is runtime AND releasing it alongside a big glut of movies, and also unrelated to movies, dropping the day after the steam summer sale that people who play games are probably going to care more about. Not surprised people didn't show up.

People also arent willing to commit to having to watch 3 more movies to get to the conclusion.

Post #18 was unavailable or deleted.
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Wow, just looked further into it.

Super ambitious to plan 4 movies in a genre that doesn't exactly dominate the box office these days.

Super ambitious is one way to put it, but Kevin Costner has always had a bit of an ego.
I took out my gopher-chucks, and proceeded to BOOGIE DOWN!
Sounds like he was trying to make this his Lonesome Dove or something. I've always liked him so I'll watch it either way at home.
Who run Bartertown?
MasterBlaster posted...
Sounds like he was trying to make this his Lonesome Dove or something. I've always liked him so I'll watch it either way at home.

Lonesome Dove legitimately ranks as one of the best mini series ever to this day. I don't just say that as a western fan. It actually usually makes a number of lists of "best miniseries of all time" type stuff.

PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
Current Events » Kevin Costner's 'Horizon 2' pulled from August release in theaters