You do NOT need college to make a good living poster, goes VIRAL

Current Events

Page of 3
Current Events » You do NOT need college to make a good living poster, goes VIRAL
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/forum/d/d624d72b.jpg
Dp45
Yes. I just started as apprentice HVAC tech a few months ago and its the best choice i ever made after 17yrs of dead end jobs. At $27/hour now and once i become journeyman i'll be netting at least $4k a month. Never been in any kind of debt so that helps too.
Living well is the best revenge
How do you agree or not agree with that list?

he/him/his
Many of those aren't living wages
Euripides posted...
V
Jaguar34 posted...

Dp45
Jaguar34 posted...
The high end are, but those are people who have worked for years and years

I teach at a university and am happy to say that not everyone should go to college. But this anti-college movement that seems to think NO ONE needs to go to college is just asinine.
he/him/his
My face when I remember the one image of the two dudes standing on top of a burning wind turbine hugging each other before the inevitable probably making $30/hr for that
(He/Him)
do you really need to go to a trade school to learn to operate a crane? how hard can it be?
gimme a damn crane, I got this
Feeling really good.
Faceless goofus in a sea of alts
Euripides posted...

Biden-Harris 2024
https://imgur.com/gallery/o47SI9Y
Anony1125 posted...
do you really need to go to a trade school to learn to operate a crane? how hard can it be?
gimme a damn crane, I got this

You want experience and you want to earn that experience not operating on multi-million or multi-billion dollar construction jobs/sites where your inexperience causes untold damages or costs the lives of those on site.
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
Post #11 was unavailable or deleted.
disagree, I think if you want to be wind turbines you probably need to go to school
R1R1R1R1R1R1
R1masher posted...
disagree, I think if you want to be wind turbines you probably need to go to school

"I believe, I too, have pooped your pants" - R1masher

still my fav quote of all time :)
Living well is the best revenge
You don't need college, you just need to enroll in an optional school that tea he's you specialized stuff after you finish high school hyuk.
There's a difference between canon and not-stupid.
Yeah, making good posters isn't that hard. Definitely do not need college for it.
DakimakuraToast
I have a buddy, 39, who became a mechanic right out of high school. He was recently told by his doctor he can't be a mechanic anymore and both his knees need replaced.
THE Ohio State: 11-2 | Las Vegas Raiders: 8-9
College doesnt guarantee success, but it can be a gateway.

Not going to college doesnt guarantee failure, but it can be a gateway.
The list is wrong.

I make more than that as a Heavy Duty Mechanic/Welder Fabricator.
I'm an artist at what I do. I fuel the fire, watch it burn, and laugh all the while.
If youre in the trades you should be contracting. If youre getting paid hourly youre doing it wrong
More to do with the humidity than heat
I'm sorry but, what the hell does "Wind Turbines" mean? Building them? Maintaining them? Something else that I'm not aware of?
I've gone to find myself, if I get back before I return, keep me here.
devilupsteve posted...
I'm sorry but, what the hell does "Wind Turbines" mean? Building them? Maintaining them? Something else that I'm not aware of?

Its obviously being a wind turbine.
devilupsteve posted...
You stand in a field and rotate your arms to generate power
There's a difference between canon and not-stupid.
devilupsteve posted...
Yes to all of your questions.
I'm an artist at what I do. I fuel the fire, watch it burn, and laugh all the while.
Add mining on the list for 6 figures out of high school really.
<<<Living is the chaos of existence, dismantling itself, instant by instant>>>
Wouldn't really count since you need to be 21 i guess. But you make bank as a cop too and a lot of departments are making it easier to get in because no one wants to do it anymore
Dp45
Post #26 was unavailable or deleted.
I wish I earned $16 an hour ._.
She/Her
She rings like a bell through the night
Noname13 posted...
Wouldn't really count since you need to be 21 i guess. But you make bank as a cop too and a lot of departments are making it easier to get in because no one wants to do it anymore

You make bank as a cop? Really? I never did.
Glob posted...
USA baby

I don't say that pejoratively. I think it's good to have high pay (paired with high requirements)
Biden-Harris 2024
https://imgur.com/gallery/o47SI9Y
emblem-man posted...
USA baby

I don't say that pejoratively. I think it's good to have high pay (paired with high requirements)

I agree, so long as those requirements dont potentially exclude good candidates.

The UK system was a bit of a joke when I did it, in that most forces expected you to do it on a volunteer basis for a couple of years before applying for a paid position. Not everybody can do that.
devilupsteve posted...

You stand out in a field holding 2 big fans and flail your arms around for 8 hours a day.
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
The problem with this is that it sends the message to some people that they dont have to give a shit about learning and education.
Taxes, death, and trouble.
Brunt/Gaila 2024. Make Ferenginar Great Again!
RetuenOfDevsman posted...
You stand in a field and rotate your arms to generate power

Sonofa....
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
SaikyoStyle posted...
The problem with this is that it sends the message to some people that they dont have to give a shit about learning and education.

Well, yes, that is the subtext of these types of posts. To many, many people, college/trade school/whatever is just a means to get a job. They don't give a shit about history or psychology or writing or critical thinking.
he/him/his
Heineken14 posted...
You stand out in a field holding 2 big fans and flail your arms around for 8 hours a day.
Of course, how stupid of me. Carry on.
I've gone to find myself, if I get back before I return, keep me here.
Euripides posted...
Well, yes, that is the subtext of these types of posts. To many, many people, college/trade school/whatever is just a means to get a job. They don't give a shit about history or psychology or writing or critical thinking.
They will also underestimate how much stuff they will have to learn to be successful in a trade.
Glob posted...
I started at like 25 an hour, 7 years later making about 43. I'll cap around 50 ish. Doesn't include extra pay, couple grand in the summer, a bonus for having a degree. Shift differential pay, for swings and grave yard. 8 percent for socialized roles, 20 percent for sergeant etc.. plus all the OT you can work. Get paid a lot of OT money to work concerts and stuff. Plus the benefits are really good
Dp45
SaikyoStyle posted...
They will also underestimate how much stuff they will have to learn to be successful in a trade.
Key difference being most of it is on the job training where you're being payed to learn it as opposed to paying out your ass to learn stuff that has nothing to do with your career path.
Carpenter has the widest range. I don't know why, but that's interesting. Many low income students probably would benefit from trade school as a starting point. And then pay their own way thru college instead of loans.
A True Friend leaves paw prints on your heart
Noname13 posted...
plus all the OT you can work

And all the systemic issues with that OT that too many departments tolerate and/or encourage.

Lots of money for cops willing to do that. You notice many at your place pulling that?
What has books ever teached us? -- Captain Afrohead
Subject-verb agreement. -- t3h 0n3
Glob posted...
College doesnt guarantee success, but it can be a gateway.

Not going to college doesnt guarantee failure, but it can be a gateway.
If it was actually worth going to college I'd agree with you. Right now college is a waste of time for most when most employers won't hire you because of the degree you got because they don't wanna pay you what your worth for having it.
Kee Oth Rama Pancake
NO2_Fiend posted...
Key difference being most of it is on the job training where you're being payed to learn it as opposed to paying out your ass to learn stuff that has nothing to do with your career path.

Trade school should still mandate at least a credit/semester of critical thinking and ethics each.

Every trade or career could use some humanities education.
What has books ever teached us? -- Captain Afrohead
Subject-verb agreement. -- t3h 0n3
DnDer posted...
And all the systemic issues with that OT that too many departments tolerate and/or encourage.

Lots of money for cops willing to do that. You notice many at your place pulling that?

We don't have OT like that. The only OT we offer is non department. Since it's a tourist destination, companies hire for staffing at events, property patrols, etc.. we use a website and you sign up for a random lottery

There is no, I made an arrest 15 minutes before shift and I'm gonna stay and take him and get paid. You take him or ask for next shift to take him for example. If you're late, you usually leave early or come in late the next day

Dp45
Nirvanas_Nox posted...
If it was actually worth going to college I'd agree with you. Right now college is a waste of time for most when most employers won't hire you because of the degree you got because they don't wanna pay you what your worth for having it.
It's not a waste of time unless you waste your time at college
he/him/his
You can easily make more living in a better state through those trades.

Also, nobody tells you about the absolute bank you make taking on your own side-jobs.

NP: Mega Man 7, Fire Emblem (GBA), Dragon Warrior III, Breath of Fire 1, The Minish Cap, Metal Walker, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Nirvanas_Nox posted...

Well, if you have a degree, surely it makes sense to go for jobs that require degrees, rather than ones that dont? It would seem that solves that issue.
NO2_Fiend posted...
You arent listening.
There is a reason why people were moving away from trades to pursue college degrees in the first place. It's hard physical labor and if people rush back into it then wages will drop to what they were before the rush to college degrees.
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8 - https://i.imgur.com/ZkQRDsR.png - https://i.imgur.com/2x2gtgP.jpg
SaikyoStyle posted...
You arent listening.

Dude is completely proving my point
he/him/his
College is gambling
Bucks World Champions 2021
PS4 looks great
Current Events » You do NOT need college to make a good living poster, goes VIRAL
Page of 3